Windows Server Hyper-V Virtual Server 2008 Is A Boon For Business
Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V is an excellent virtualization offering for anyone who is looking for Windows hosting. Windows Server 2008 R2 supports all the features normally associated with Windows hosting and offers the additional advantage of utilizing guaranteed resources. In the past, you had to pay for a dedicated server in order to get dedicated resources. This could get expensive for organizations. Hyper-V helps your organization reduce the costs of operating a Windows server by offering guaranteed resources at the price of a virtual server.
Windows servers running on cloud hosting plans offer advantages to businesses who want to host a stable, professional web presence. A Hyper-V virtual server gives you complete control over your hosting experience. This includes user management, service management, and resource allocation. Not only that, but using Remote Desktop means you can manage your Windows Server 2008 easily using a remote desktop client. This comes in very handy for those who need to accomplish routine server maintenance tasks quickly. Let’s face it: who doesn’t?
Windows Server 2008 R2 server maintenance is relatively straight-forward, with a bit of a learning curve for the completely uninitiated. For companies who use Windows exclusively, it should be fairly easy to get the gist of operations. At MostHost, we couple the native Windows hosting features like IIS with Parallels management tools. By adding Parallels Plesk, managing multiple domains on your Windows Server Hyper-V Virtual Server 2008 becomes very, very easy! You won’t believe how simple routine tasks become. Much of the maintenance duties that are traditionally needed for running multiple domains on Windows can be a drag to perform. With Parallels Plesk running on Hyper-V, your life as a Windows system administrator just got a whole lot easier. You can change any settings you want associated with hosting your web presence, your mail users, and your organization’s users.
If you want to see exactly what I’m speaking about, check out this short video that highlights how to use Parallels Plesk Panel.
Let’s take a look at some of the features that make choosing a Hyper-V virtual server such a great decision for businesses.
- Windows Server Hyper-V is easy to use for anyone familiar with Windows. This could reduce the learning curve for any organization that needs to build a Windows web presence.
- Full ASP.NET support is included. You can run robust ASP.NET applications easily.
- Hyper-V runs in the cloud. You receive the additional advantages of high-availability and automated failover, which greatly increases your uptime.
- You can also run your server like a desktop. If you ever need to log in and surf from your server, you can. Remote desktop gives you complete control over your Windows Server 2008 and that includes running it like you would any Windows machine. This can come in very handy for troubleshooting.
- Full access to all Windows hosting features. If you’re familiar with running a Windows web server, you will rejoice at all of the control you have.
When we couple the native features of Hyper-V Windows Server 2008 R2 with Parallels Plesk, you have extended functionality.
- You can easily manage multiple domains. Parallels Plesk has different business models built in and you can select one of these models to run your multiple domains. This makes Hyper-V plus Plesk a great choice for web designers or other internet professionals who are managing multiple Windows websites for clients.
- Plesk gives you complete control over your mail server, webmail, FTP, and users. If you have multiple people working on your Windows web presence, then you can set tight access controls that allow you to manage who does what.
- Plesk ships with the Parallels Web Presence Builder. This easy to use cloud web presence editor allows you to easily design professional websites. You can publish right to the cloud and see your changes immediately. For someone handling multiple domains, this makes life a whole lot easier when it comes time to make changes.
- Plesk allows you complete server management, including restarting your server and services. It also ships with a Health Monitor that will restart processes if they shut down. Experience increased peace of mind using the one control panel that was built with the rigors of daily maintenance in mind.
Hyper-V promises to be a favorite with people who prefer Windows cloud hosting. Your Windows applications will run very well in their native environment, and management of your web presence couldn’t be simpler. Windows Server Hyper-V Virtual Server 2008 comes in Standard, Enterprise, and Data Center editions depending on your needs. Never before has it been so easy to run a Windows server. Hyper-V is a preferred solution for any organization that has multiple people managing multiple domains.
As you can see, using Parallels Plesk to manage your Hyper-V is extremely easy. You get all of the benefits of using Hyper-V with the addition of running Parallels Plesk Panel included. We offer our Hyper-V hosting solutions either way. For those who want Hyper-V with Plesk, and those who only need the native version of Hyper-V. We also offer Windows Cloud hosting utilizing Plesk that runs on Hyper-V but does not offer virtual server benefits. All of our plans are fully managed, so getting you migrated and up and running is no problem.
Order Hyper-V Today