Why WordPress Isn’t Fit For All Website Purposes
I was recently contacted by a friend that asked me my thoughts on WordPress, one of the most popular blogging software being used today.
Obviously, it’s the platform used to publish this blog so I’m enough of a fan to use it myself, but like any publishing platform it has it’s pros and cons and isn’t necessarily built for all web publishing purposes. Here are a few reasons why.
- Many Plugins Cost Extra - While WordPress itself is free to use, many featured plugins that add functionality to your website are not. This means that you can expect pay extra for usable plugins, so it doesn’t actually end up being free after all.
- Premium Themes Aren’t Included - If you want to differentiate your website from all of the other websites available online, a free WordPress theme isn’t going to be enough to make you stand out in a crowd. Premium themes are available, but much like the plugin system, they’ll come at an additional cost to you.
- Everyone Uses WordPress – According to stats published at WordPress, there are over 100,000 new WordPresses created every day, meaning there is an abundance of WordPress sites being launched into the online universe on a daily basis. How will your free WordPress blog website stand out among all of these site launches?
- Requires Management Time - Since WordPress is so widely used, it’s often the target of blog comment spam so it’s likely that you’ll have to spend time deleting bogus comments that originate from commenting programs. Additionally, the use of some Plugins can make your site vulnerable to being hacked, which is never a good thing and platform updates/upgrades aren’t done automatically, so you’ll need to stay on top of keeping your WordPress up to date.
- WordPress Is Designed For Frequent Updates - If you’re a small business or entrepreneur that just wants a ‘brochure’ type of website that outlines your products or services, having an attractive website that isn’t running on WordPress creates a more professional image for your company. If you don’t need a website that is constantly updating content this content management system might not be a perfect fit for you.
If you’re looking for a powerful website publishing tool that isn’t WordPress, you should consider Web Presence Builder as a great alternative. This software solution gives you all the tools you need to create a great website in a short period of time. This software solution comes complete with your choice of header images – at no extra charge – or you can use your own custom logo to increase your business image and set yourself apart from everyone else. This is just one of many great features that come included with your hosting plan.
I hope that you found this post about WordPress helpful. If you’re ready to get started on a SaaS based website builder software solution, I urge you to visit Web Presence Builder to learn more about how it can help you build a great website in a short period of time. Thanks for taking a moment to read my post – I appreciate it!